The Information Technology division provides and maintains the technology required to allow the Township to serve its residents in an efficient and effective manner.
This includes the following:
- Computer hardware
- Computer software
- Telecommunications equipment and services
- GIS databases
Rural Broadband Update
The Township of Oro-Medonte has always supported projects that will increase the availability of high-speed internet service in The Township.
One such project that you may have heard of is the Rural Broadband Project headed by the County of Simcoe. It is estimated by the County that the project could bring a cost affordable option to over 95% of the County. It is expected that the project will be completed in April 2010, however many areas of the Township already have high-speed internet access.
This project is vital to building strong communities within Oro-Medonte and the County, as both residents and businesses are becoming more reliant on broadband Internet for their daily activities.
This project will be beneficial in many areas such as:
- Improved connections to web-based government services at all levels
- Faster access to a growing list of on-line library resources
- Broader opportunities for businesses to establish themselves throughout the County
- Telecommuting provisions to accommodate home-based employment
- Improved student access to web-based resources for homework and distance education
- Support for healthcare professionals and patients seeking medical information and services
- Overall contribution to the quality of life in Simcoe County
Please see the following website for updated information: ruralconnections.simcoe.ca