Council & Committees
The Township of Oro-Medonte is governed by a seven member Council. Council is comprised of a Mayor and Deputy Mayor, elected at large, and five Ward Councillors (one elected per Ward).
As one of the 16 municipalities that comprise the County of Simcoe, Oro-Medonte’s Mayor and Deputy Mayor sit on Simcoe County Council, along with the Mayors and Deputy Mayors from the other municipalities.
Role of Council
- To represent the public and to consider the well-being and interests of the municipality;
- To develop and evaluate the policies and programs of the municipality;
- To determine which services the municipality provides;
- To ensure that administrative policies, practices and procedures and controllership policies, practices and procedures are in place to implement the decisions of council;
- To ensure the accountability and transparency of the operations of the municipality, including the activities of the senior management of the municipality;
- To maintain the financial integrity of the municipality; and
- To carry out the duties of council under the Municipal Act or any other Act.
To verify who your Councillor is, please view the Township Ward Map to establish what Ward you are in.
Individuals who submit letters and other information to Council and its advisory bodies should be aware that any personal information contained within their communications may become part of the public record and may be made available through the agenda process which includes publication on the Township's website.
All meetings of Council and its advisory bodies are governed by the Township’s Procedural By-law.
Individuals wishing to make a deputation/delegation to Council or its advisory bodies must complete the attached Deputation Form and submit the completed form to the Clerk’s Office by 4:30 p.m. on the Wednesday of the week prior to the preferred meeting.
Members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings of Council and its advisory bodies.
Links to Council and its Advisory Bodies
- Mayor’s Message
- Strategic Plan & Accomplishments
- Agendas and Minutes
- Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Citizen/Senior of the Year Advisory Group
- Committee of Adjustment
- Recreation Technical Support Group
- Compliance Audit Committee
- Municipal Closed Meeting Investigator
- Human resources committee
- Heritage Committee